At Just for Grins Orthodontics, we know that every smile is unique. That's why we offer a wide array of orthodontic treatment options to get you or your child a smile to be proud of. Today's blog is geared towards those who have not already chosen their orthodontist. When making the decision about your orthodontic needs, what questions should you get answered? Here's what we consider the top five.
1. Has the orthodontic team completed an accredited orthodontic residency program?Although all dentists are licensed to place braces and Invisalign, they have not all had extra schooling in that area. Orthodontists have completed an additional 2-3 year residency, along with a 4-year dental degree. Dr. S. Kendall Dunn received her Master of Science in Orthodontics from the University of Tennessee. Dr. Alex Schreiber graduated from the University of Alabama, Birmingham with a Master of Science degree in Orthodontics. Both clinicians attended accredited institutions and are highly qualified.
2. Are there any hidden fees? Is there a charge for my retainer?At Dunn and Schreiber, we will go over the fees in detail and you will leave your initial consultation with all of the figures necessary for you to make a decision and to budget and use insurance appropriately. A retainer, as required by after-care, will be provided by our office as a part of treatment.
3. Will the braces be attached and adjusted by an orthodontist?Knowing that any traditional braces will be placed and adjusted by an Orthodontist versus other staff member should be an important piece of information for your decision in choosing a practice. Our doctors are always the team that handle the important smile-making installs and decisions.
4. Will I be able to the orthodontist in an emergency?We provide our patients with the knowledge of how to handle minor emergencies such as loose or broken brackets, bands or wires, and in case of an emergency we can always be reached at our offices.
5. Do you take my insurance? Do you have payment plans?Before you begin treatment with any orthodontic provider, you will want to know that your insurance will be accepted and that you can use your desired payment method. Also you will want ensure that the payment plans offered work within your budget.
We provide you with many financial options to make treatment more affordable and work with all insurance types. We are a provider for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, and also participate with United Concordia, MetLife, DenteMax, Unicare, Assurant Employee Benefit, iDental Discount, and Cigna Dental Network Savings Program. As a bonus, we'll even file your insurance so that you can receive your full orthodontic benefits faster.
Dr. Dunn and Dr. Schreiber would be happy to answer any questions you may have, and offer a free exam at their offices, including: Montgomery, Wetumpka, and Millbrook, AL. Take a look at some of their latest smile transformations and request your free exam today.